09 10

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Morning

Eyes popped open at 6. Got up at 6:15.
It was raining and cloudy outside so instead of pulling on my swimming suit
(not that rain, wind or cold ever deterred me in the past),
I put on my sweet apron (the one I recently scored at an estate sales for 2 bucks)
went downstairs and started chopping, slicing, and cooking in the kitchen.
Women in our church sign up to take a pot of soup and a plate of cookies
each Wednesday to the Ronald McDonald House at Stanford.
Today was my turn.
So in the wee hours of the morning
I made Corn Chowder (from Barefoot Contessa)....

and Snickerdoodles (from Betty Crocker)....


Made some hot chocolate in my spiffy Bialetta (a Christmas present from Sophie)...


I then hopped in my car to deliver the eight Flower Carpet roses over to my parent's house that I had picked up the night before at Home Depot.

If you are ever in need of a good ground cover rose, this one is the best. It is easy to grow (not fussy), comes in hot pink, cherry red, white, apple blossom, and a new one, pale yellow, and the it blooms continuously.

I would have preferred to stay and chat with my folks, but needed to dash off to work.

What a whirlwind of a morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me at corn chowder! Your wonderful, delicious, sell-my-soul-for-a-spoonful corn chowder! (I have that horrible cold/flu that seems to be going around and that corn chowder sounds good. Luckily I have vietnamese won ton soup from last nacht...not quite as good but still tasty!)

Martha said...

I wish I had some of that soup right now!