09 10

Monday, April 12, 2010

Try This Recipe!

I think I have all of Ina Garten's recipe books (Barefoot Contessa). I have prepared many of her recipes because they are always so scrumptious. I made her Vegetable Torte for our family Easter gathering last week and it did not disappoint me. My family enjoyed it too, even my twenty something nephew, Daniel, and my brother, who subsequently prepared it for one of his fabulous dinner parties.

Check out the recipe here

Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the one I made... somehow it escaped the camera lens, so here is a picture of a torte made by someone else:


Doesn't it look pretty? It has such a high wow factor, but more importantly, it tastes so good too. It is nutritious, great dish for vegetarians, and low in calories. Also, it can be made the day before and has a nice blend of flavors.

Here are some suggestions to enhance this dish even further:

  1. double the recipe and put it together in a spring form pan, so much easier to remove
  2. bake all the ingredients....including the zucchini (slice the zucchini lengthwise)
  3. BBQ the veggies, it heightens the flavor
  4. add a layer of goat cheese
  5. drizzle a tad of dressing over each serving
Such a wonderful dish to serve for a luncheon, dinner, brunch or even breakfast!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a tasty dish! Thanks for posting the recipe.