09 10

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Elimination Update

Several months ago I swore off the consumption of soda--remember my pledge?

It looks like I was on the right track...check out this article here.

I admit I have fallen from the wagon at times.

Once, Adeline discovered an almost full liter bottle of Cherry Pepsi hidden in the furthest section of the refrigerator and proceeded to dump it out in the sink (to DZ's chagrin). I couldn't help it, Safeway had a special, 3 liters for a buck. I succumbed and purchased one.

DZ busted me after discovering a partially consumed can of Pepsi on the shelf in the refrigerator. I couldn't finish it..for I really don't like the taste of soda anymore. After taking a sip...I asked myself "Why even bother..this is horrible!" So, DZ finished it off.

I haven't dropped any lbs., but I think I've saved $, have healthier teeth, and feel better.

To those of you who continue to drink the stuff...just think of the 7 tsp. you are ingesting each time you down a 12 oz. can of soda.

To satisfy your thirst, DRINK WATER INSTEAD! Your kidneys will love you for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's one thing I can't stomach...I've never ever liked soda...any kind of soda. I only drink it when there's no other option available...(say, at a party).

I've always preferred water...unfortunately, that hasn't helped my weight :-).

Packet of Seeds said...

I'm getting there! I keep a bottle (of water, that is) on my desk. Love to spice it with a slice of lemon...that is when I remember to bring one in.