09 10

Friday, May 21, 2010

Which Do You Prefer, Dark or Milk?


Which do you prefer, dark or milk? ....chocolate that is.
The Sees candy from Easter is long gone but the taste of the dark and milk chocolate eggs from my kid's baskets lingers on....I love both.

Sometimes I would pop one of each (dark and milk) and create a mirk or a dalk.

As you already know, I'd rather eat small amounts of very good chocolate rather than gobs of the stuff that some people call chocolate but tastes like wax (in my opinion), such as Hersheys, Godiva. Alright, I do admit I am a snob when the subject of chocolate is discussed.


Recently, I was in San Francisco, I stopped by this shop totally devoted to chocolate called "Bittersweet Cafe"....

Their shelves are organized like shelves in a wine department. Types are displayed together. For instance, on one side of the store you will find dark chocolate bars ....


And on the other side of the store there are milk chocolate bars ...

They sell over a hundred different varieties from all over the world. Can you imagine being one of their buyers, where you'd have to scrupulously taste and consider each bar, just like wine tasters do? They even provide notes underneath each bar to assist you in your selection.


In addition to selling chocolate bars, they make all sorts of chocolate confections, chocolate drinks, and chocolate pastries. On top of it all, the cafe smells so good.

Next time you are in the city, you should stop by, that is if you like chocolate.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Yum......I am a bit of a chocolate snob too. I detest Hersheys. I would probably choose dark over milk. They are all good though! It looks like they sell a lot since their shelves are not too full. I would love to go there!

Judy said...

I want one TODAY!!!!'
milk OR dark

Janet said...

I do not need or want to have chocolate everyday like some of my girlfriends, but when I do indulge I love a good dark chocolate. I'm not sure what it is but my mouth gets giddy when I pop a square of good dark chocolate in . . . happiness happens to my taste buds and then I am good for another month or so.

Molly said...

I prefer all chocolate. Milk, dark, fancy, cheap. I'll pretty much eat anything with sugar. While quality chocolate is divine, I'll eat it all.