09 10

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Take Me Out To The Ballgame




What a sweet treat we had this week when we got free tickets to the Giants game and a parking pass in Lot A...closest parking to the park (worth $30 bucks) on Tuesday night. It was perfect weather for a ball game. But more perfect were the seats. Second row right above the visiting team's dugout; a straight beeline view of first base!(Row C, Section 108, seats 1 &2) F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. seats. The seats were so good, DZ didn't even leave his seat at all during the entire game, which is so unlike him since he usually goes a wandering. I was the one who went to fetch some very delicious Gilroy Garlic Fries from the concession stand. These fries make your breath stink for a very long time, but I don't care. They are SO good.. I'll pay the 7 bucks for a basket.
Are you at all curious of how we became the recipients of such luxury? Here's the back story:

A little more than 37 years ago....I came home from college for the summer and started working at an employment agency office. The owner lived next door to my best friend in high school. I would work in her office and at times Gerry (the owner) would send me out on temporary jobs. She was a die hard baseball fan and had season tickets to the Giants (so if you do the math, Gerry has had season tickets for probably over 50 years now). At that time, the Giants shared Candlestick Park with the 49ers, such a windy, cold, and cavernous stadium. The Giants now play in the AT&T ball park which was built about 14 years ago. It is a most delightful stadium to watch baseball.

My youngest daughter is now working at the same office. She called me up late afternoon asking if we would like to go to the Giants game (she couldn't go). I quickly got on the phone with DZ..and two hours later we were in SF, sitting in the fabulous seats, enjoying the night under the stars. Such a fun way to spend an evening!

The only bummer was that the Giants lost.

No comments: