09 10

Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Gratitude Journal

My Gratitude Journal
(this handmade journal was given to me by my cousin Janet)

Last summer I started a "Gratitude Journal". This is not an original idea at all for I remember Oprah introducing the idea many years ago on her show . I decided I would pen those fleeting moments in my life, such as being greeted by a beautiful sunrise, or catching the sounds of birds chirping, to make sure I remembered them.

I have found over the months, even in my worst, most horrible, very bad days, there is always something to be thankful for. It could be big or small.....but there is something every day that puts a smile on my face, even if it is ever so slight. To my surprise, I have discovered the more I acknowledge those "Gratitude Moments", the more seem to sprout up in my life.

No comments: