09 10

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Baby Shower for Kathryn

Had so much fun throwing a baby shower for Kathryn.

Isn't she adorable?
This is her first baby (it's a boy) and it has been a joy to be a part of her life as her belly swelled.

I chose a vintage theme since it is something I am quite familiar with.

I ordered the invites from here, a very good source for vintage cards. There were so many cute invites, I couldn't decide, so I purchased a couple of styles. To say the least, I am ready for the next shower.

I'd like to share some of the photos from tonight.

A collection of vintage vases and framed photos on the mantel:



Storybook pages from the past hanging from the clothesline:

Blooms in baby bottles:

Clothes on a drying rack:

Steiffs resting on a doll bed:

Presents placed in a bassinet..the very bassinet I used for my three kids:
Pistachio nuts served in a vintage baby dish:

Fabulous mini cupcakes created by Kathryn's sister, Jeanette--the supreme master chef!



Flowers on the buffet:

A vignette by the window:





And "B A B Y" hanging over the doorway:
A good time was had by all.... Little Will or Tommy (or...??) will be popping out real soon.

1 comment:

Jeanette Millward said...

It WAS a fabulous shower. Really warm, intimate, cozy, and fun! I loved all the attention to detail. Thanks for giving Kathryn such a great party!