09 10

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Creche and Christmas Party

My week has been filled with helping set up the creche exhibit in Palo Alto. If you are in the bay area, you should stop by and visit this free event. It opened on Saturday and continues through Wednesday the 9th. Check out their website at http://www.christmascreche.org/ or call the creche hotline at (650) 856-3781 for information. It is truly an event not to be missed.


On Saturday morning, after hiking with Martha , I spent all day at the church setting up for the annual Ward Christmas party.

The party had a "victorian era" theme so I set up this vignette at the entrance. The scene of singing carolers helped set a wonderful mood.



A glowing star greeted everyone as they entered.

A victorian advent calendar completed the entryway decor.



A fabulous group of singers in victorian garb serenaded us with beautiful Christmas music. We are so lucky to have such talent in our ward.




A centerpiece for the table was a family creation. DZ cut the logs, and I gathered yew branches from Martha's backyard and holly branches from mom and dad. Sophie and David gathered the noble fir branches from the local Christmas tree lot. The chairperson had 30 lanterns to add to the decor. I love putting together something "green"--where you don't have to buy anything.




A creche scene on the stage.




Sophie and David at the "young married" table.



A very satisfied DZ intently enjoying the program.



Does this look familiar to anyone? I know it isn't the best picture. I wanted to show you an overview.


It was a festive event and quite enjoyable.


I collapsed in bed after a very full week.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks like it was a great party. I can see familiar decorations in your pictures. I have always loved your advent calendar. Someday I'll have to make one myself. :)

Judy said...

Wow Karen....gives me some inspiration for our youth dinner Wed. night. I love the centerpieces you prepared.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!