09 10

Saturday, November 14, 2009

I Feel for the Pumpkins

I made a quick trip to one of my favorite nurseries in Half Moon Bay yesterday.

As I crossed over the water of Crystal Springs reservoir (Highway 92), I glanced southward and came upon a most incredible sight--the water was shimmering like a hundred thousand glittering diamonds were floating on top--it was magical.

On my approach to Half Moon Bay, I came upon this field of leftover pumpkins.





I feel so sorry for these pumpkins. Since nobody picked them to take home to carve for Halloween, (I presume) they are left in the field to rot. It is such a shame. Maybe people will buy them to make pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.

I am reminded of when I was in elementary school, and at recess, we would pick teams for kickball. I would try very hard not to be the last to be picked.

Nobody likes to be the last one picked, even pumpkins.

No comments: