09 10

Friday, January 28, 2011

Experiment

I am trying an experiment.

I want to see how long I can stay out of stores...

Like ....




















Or .....

























Or ....























The grocery store, bank and gas station are my three exceptions.

So far, it has been 11 days since I entered a store...

I just keep telling myself,

"You don't need it!"....

"You have too much stuff"....

"Lighten your load"....

Just think of the $$$ I am saving...

By not spending!

I know one person who will be happy when he finds out
about this game I am playing...

Hint: his initials are DZ

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

6 comments:

Sophia said...

What about Max's blessing outfit!? I guess I'll just have to choose the fabric myself.

Jeanette Millward said...

Wow. That's a tough game to play. One that I should definitely try though.

Judy said...

Wow Karen....that is amazing. I am impressed. Let us know when you are ready to go shopping again. Does online shopping count?

I guess it helps with me to be so far from the box stores. When I am in town though I seem to hit them alot. I do have a rule to bring a box or two for Goodwill donations.
When is Max's blessing day?

Unknown said...

I just caught you going to an estate sale... busted!!

Packet of Seeds said...

Estate sales are not STORES... and I think I will exempt online shopping too. Now, if I need something...at a big box store, I will send someone with my list..

Judy said...

Estate sales are not stores, they don't count. A win win there.

Let me know when the pattern ends.