09 10

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eighty Nine Point One


I love listening to classical music, especially while driving in my car.
102.1 has been the classical music station for the bay area for a zillion years.
Until this past weekend.
All of a sudden it changed
Gone. 102.1 now plays soft rock.
In my search for a new classical station
I came upon 89.1
Never heard of it before.
It plays original swing music from the 30's and 40's.
I love it.
It is happy and upbeat.
It makes me smile.
I find myself tapping my feet.
I am inclined to paint the smackers red, don a vintage dress
And hop into the Plymouth slant six.
I'll roll down the windows, blast up the volume
And let the breeze tossle my hair.
Check it out. That is, if you live on the Peninsula
(it originates out of Redwood City/San Mateo).

4 comments:

Molly said...

Thanks for the warning about 102.1! So sad! Let me know when you find another classical station. :( For now, I'll check out 89.1. Thanks!

Natalie said...

What?! What a change! What are O and O listening to now?!

mj said...

ryan told me the classical station was moving - they have a new station for the north bay but are figuring out where to put it for the peninsula and south bay.

buuuuuuuuuuut i love the swing station. i listen to it daily. love it. yesterday i heard "mairzy dotes and dozy dotes", which is my namesake. leah is fully versed in music from the 30s, 40s and 50s. :)

Packet of Seeds said...

mj...I heard it too! Brought up memories of my childhood..I could even sing along in the car(with the windows rolled up tight).