09 10

Thursday, April 5, 2012

I am Back...


I thought to myself as I turned the calendar page to April, "Where in the world did March go?"
It blew by so fast.  I only posted once during the entire month!

Let me give you a snapshot of what has been happening around here:

Had this little guy for a whole weekend while his parents traveled to Utah to attend a wedding.  First time the parents have been away from their babe.  He was an absolute delight. Picnik collageReceived much needed rain which invigorated my bulbs, azaleas and other blooms.   I now need to get out in my garden and pull the copious amount of weeds.



Picked up a new sewing machine since my Elna  (had it for over thirty three years) decided to call it quits right in the middle of my costume marathon. Luckily, I was able to borrow Sophie's machine to get me through the final days of sewing. Sure do love my serger and my new machine.

Sewed an Easter dress using one of my vintage Vogue patterns. I am almost done... just need to attached the giganto rick rack and sew the buttonholes and buttons. Will try and make a hat from the same era to wear. I will post a pic of the total outfit which includes a hot pink Betsy Johnson sweater with hot pink suede ballerina flats.IMG_3888

Painted the french doors between the dining room and family room..well really only half done. The key to a good paint job is in the prep (85% prep/15% paint). DZ is the absolute BEST prepper I know. He is thorough and exact...which results in a mighty fine finished project.


IMG_3884
Looks pretty good if I say so myself.  I love new fresh paint.

Celebrated Mr. Shoe's 31st birthday ...hence the Baskin Robbins "31" Flavors ice cream. Mrs. Shoe made the cake and it was scrumptious.


 Picnik collage 

Sewed a twirly skirt for a sweet little two year old's birthday present.IMG_3876

Last but not least, found out that these two are moving back to California...WHAHOO.

I'd say I've had a mighty full month...wouldn't you?

No comments: