09 10

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane


Thirty-eight years ago (almost to the day), I packed my bags, attached my 10 speed bike to the back of our Dodge Dart station wagon and drove with my dad 800 miles east for 16 hours to start my first year of college.

Fast forward.

My small carry on bag is packed and later today DZ will drive my dad and me to the airport so we can board a plane to travel 1 1/2 hours east where we will land in the great Salt Lake Valley.

So glad to fly.

We will visit with my cousins, aunts, uncles and friends.

Looking forward to having a blast during this extended weekend trip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip...please say hi to everyone! (Wish I could be there!)

~Gwen

Janet said...

Finally the day has arrived! I am so excited to see the 3 of you and fill every moment we can catching up!!! (I wish Gwen could be here as well!)

Natalie said...

Have fun and enjoy the fall weather! :)

Anonymous said...

...still waiting for the pictures from your trip! I want to see my aunts, uncles, cousins...:-).

~Gwen