09 10

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 Family Christmas Party at the Z's

It took me a while but I pulled the decorations out of their boxes, hung the lights and carefully placed each creche, tree, Santa, angel, ornament in its designated spot.
New and old alike...

Merry Christmas

Manzanita Tree with Red Ornaments in Birch Log

White Silver and Gold Garland
Got the idea from this blog


Even though I love to decorate to make my home feel  warm and cozy for the season....
The most important part of Christmas for me is about sharing and being with my family.
I admit it... I am biased.. I  have the most wonderful family....
We gather at my house each year to celebrate and this year....

We decorated gingerbread men (and women)
Decorating the Gingerbread men and women!
Gwen and Johnny


Emma and Dan in cookie form
(Some of us couldn't wait and  we ate ours...here)

We made snow-globes
IMG_3399
We swaddled baby Jesus and made a manger (using leftovers from the church party)

Swaddled Jesus
We ate a delicious brunch

Fabulous Christmas Eve brunch.

We wore tissue paper crowns (a British/Scottish) tradition



And we reenacted the story of Jesus (watch it here)

The Nativity...the kids did a great job!

Our very distinguished wise man:
One more of Cooper. He looks so regal in his purple cloak.

Angelic Natalie:
Angelic Natalie

Most precious of all was sharing this beloved season with my most favorite little grandson
(I can say that because he is my only one...so far).

Max LOVES his GranZ!

I'd say that this was the best Christmas of all (at least one of them).
I am very blessed indeed.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I agree..it was one of the best. I just need to get more of my clan there too. Max looks so much like you. Thank you so much for all that day.