2. Because of no. 1 above, we had our first fire in the fireplace ...loved sipping hot apple cider in front of the blazing fire.
3. We had no. 2 above because it was "cool" outside (compared to the hot temps last week). Remember, I don't like hot, so I am now a very happy camper. The whites, pastels,and sandals have now been stored and the wools, darks, socks and fuzzies have been outed.
4. The family came over to celebrate my dad's 86th birthday .
5. Because of no. 4 above, the house is now a glow in orange, rust, black and white (ghosts) for Halloween. Have more to do, but at least half of it is up.
6. Since no. 4 above occurs in October...and my dad loves anything German (he taught himself to speak German fluently) we always eat "Oktoberfest" food, which means purchasing the very best wurst in the bay area (Ditmers) prepared with sauerkraut, apples and onions. Had a spread of gourmet mustard, German pickles, herb potatoes, spinach salad, pretzels and bread from Esther's Bakery (which makes the best German bread around) and topped it off with apple cake and ice cream sundaes, per the birthday boy's request. My dad gets whatever he wishes for... ooolala..it was oh so delish!
7. Found some real estate in the garage on Saturday(i.e. cement floor)...been working at clearing out that disaster and boxing/staging items for my garage sale. Perhaps this Saturday will be the day, that is unless it rains, which rain happens to be in the forecast.
8. Finished sewing new bumpers for little Max's bassinet..repurposed an embroidered a table cloth and some embroidered/appliqued dishtowels.
( DZ had a bassinet similar to this one when he was an infant. I found this one at an antique store (so it was old then) before Sophie was born and used it for all three kids. Don't you just love tradition?Don't the future mom and dad sparkle with happiness? Will we see those beaming smiles in a couple of months when they are awakened in the middle of the night by Max? Don't you think this future mother looks great at 7 plus months?
9. DZ had a very positive interview last week and was told he will be scheduled for a second round of interviews...I hope to have something very incredible to be thankful for this Thanksgiving ....and will continue to keep those fingers crossed and those prayers uttered!
10. Last but not least...love the crunchy leaves, the harvest moon, the lowered sun, the brisk air, the hearty soups, and just plain ol' change of season.
FALL IS FANTASTIC...
Please note: all pictures posted are courtesy of my sister Gwen. Thanks for snapping!