09 10

Friday, December 27, 2013

Sewing Vintage No. 1

I have this HUGE stack of vintage patterns. I love the styles from the forties and fifties, so much so that I have decided to sew a vintage frock every month.

For September, I used this Vogue pattern:


Vintage Vogue Pattern #2903

The fun thing about sewing this dress is I didn't have to go to the store to purchase one thing... I had everything already in my stash....everything down to the hot pink piping, thread and zipper.

Me


I used six yards of a very lightweight linen.  I upcycled a hand embroidered dresser scarf  edged
with hand crochet and incorporated it in the collar/yoke.  

Heading to the salt lake temple with my dad

I love the feel of all that fabric swishing and swirling  around my legs as I walk.

Next week I will share my October frock.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You are an amazing seamstress... I think you should open a business. ;)

Packet of Seeds said...

I have been seriously considering it. I'll keep you posted