09 10

Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Very Merry Christmas From My House To Yours

HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS.
SPENT THE DAY RELAXING WITH FAMILY, 
GOING TO A MOVIE (saw Saving Mr. Banks), 
LISTENING TO CHRISTMAS MUSIC, 
WATCHING CHRISTMAS SHOWS
AND OF COURSE EATING.

I made the embroidered velvet backed ornaments over 33 years ago before I was married.
The Charlie Brown ornament hung on David's tree when he was a child.


This creche was placed under David's Christmas tree each year when he was a child. 

This year I filled my tree with  vintage, homemade and my annual crystal
or sterling ornaments.  The ornaments on the right came from David's grandparents.

Raggedy Ann and Andy were two of my favorite dolls when I was a child.
I bought these two handmade dolls at Mormon Handicraft over twenty-five years
ago for my oldest daughter.  Today they sit proudly under my Christmas tree.

Two of my favorite creches.  Sophie and David picked up the one on the left in Italy last year
and Adeline picked up the one on the right in Spain several years ago.
Vintage vignette in a pine cupboard.


Scene from "It's A Wonderful Life" in my kitchen window:


My collection of nutcrackers...

Still need to find a nutcracker for Matt and my two grandkids.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND A GOOD NIGHT.

No comments: