09 10

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vintage 1960's Sewing Patterns

My sister and I spotted one of those hot pink "ESTATE SALE" signs as we were driving down El Camino after our early Saturday morning hike at Stanford ....just  like Hansel and Gretal  following bread crumbs...we followed the signs for 5 miles all the way to Mountain View. 

It was the second day of the sale and the house had been pretty much picked over.  I was just about to leave empty handed when... I spied two boxes on the floor... filled with original sewing patterns from the 60's and 70's.  They  were the real deal...how do I know?  The date was written on most of the patterns. 

Purchased  over a dozen patterns.  Here are a couple of my faves:


img869

Vintage McCalls Pattern (1966)

I just can't wait to sew my next  "Mad Men" dress... sewn from a true honest to goodness original pattern from the mid sixties.  Which one would you pick?

1 comment:

anita said...

Well, you're going to have to eat and eat and eat so that you can fit those cute size 16 dresses!

I'll be your eating buddy -- let's get started!