09 10

Monday, July 16, 2012

A Most Stupendous Birthday Weekend

Wow...what a fun birthday weekend.  It started by a long overdue trip to get a mani/pedi...complements of  my sisters Martha and Gwen.  My feet and hands thoroughly enjoyed the attention.

Dipping the Toes in Lovely Long Lake

Some of us hopped in the car and headed up to the Sierras (Soda  Springs) ..hitting some outrageous traffic which resulted in the drive lasting 6  hours instead of the normal 3 1/2 hours.   The "pain" was forgotten once we arrived at this idylic cabin owned by DZ's cousin.
IMG_4703

Some hopped in their very own private plane and arrived in an hour.
IMG_4856

I just love the pine scent that infuses the air .....  The weather was impeccable...bright blue sunny sky with 80 degree temp. 

Martha and I got up early Saturday morning (while every one else slept) and took a "stroll" around Lake Van Norden.  We had the place to ourselves...not a sole in sight.

IMG_4711
Just love the peace, beauty and serenity
IMG_4708

We decided to stay away from the crazy crowded Lake Tahoe and instead drove a few miles on a rutty dirt road to Long Lake.  Ah...it was spectacular.

We swam...
untitled collage

And lounged on rocks...
Me and My Main Squeeze
And enjoyed the crystal cool refreshing lake.
Hello From Long Lake

I don't know why, but being in the mountains makes you hungry.  I must have brought enough food to feed an army of at least 20...Martha brought her folding table and set it up outside on the granite rock deck.  It was perfect!  

And boy did we eat...here are some samplings...
IMG_4712
Saturday's breakfast

IMG_4849
Sunday's breakfast

IMG_4853
Can't get enough of this little guy

Night time came and decorations came out

Party Time

Candles were lit

IMG_4797
Martha found the huge vintage canning jar and turned it into a candle holder with candles with my  signature color.

Songs were sung .... cake devoured.

IMG_4810
Sophie made the deelish cupcakes and Martha made the flags (both on the cakes and hanging from the house.
And we all celebrated the fact that I made it another year. A most memorable birthday celebration indeed.  Hoping this can become an annual event where I can spend my b-day with my fam up in the beautiful Sierras.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Happy Birthday! (A bit late...) I just pinned that mason jar picture to Pinterest. The world should see how gorgeous that is!