09 10

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Renegade Craft Fair


It was a gorgeous day in San Francisco on Saturday at the Renegade Craft Fair in Fort Mason. My two sisters and I, along with my sister's friend, went to see the creations made by 250 vendors who sell their goods on Etsy. So much creativity...by so many young people (I felt very old in that crowd). It is wonderful to see that creating things by hand is in style..is in vogue...and is hip.

There were vendors who made cards, jewelry, posters, succulent gardens, toys, clothes, soaps/lotions, books, stitchery, hair ornaments, yarn for knitting....you name it, the craft was probably there.

I gravitated toward those who were selling textiles...especially those geared toward children. Some of my faves are here and here. I liked the children's dresses made from sweaters. (I don't recall her name).

So much fun...

Inspired me to get home and get my sewing machines humming.

No comments: