09 10

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hike Attack


Do you recall several months ago where I almost stepped on a rattlesnake lounging on the side of the trail?
Surely that would have soured my day.


Last week on my Saturday morning hike with Martha, I was attacked by a swarm of hornets/wasps/killer bees (not sure what they were). I was bit three times and am still recovering from my puffy red and swollen wounds.

Today it was a hairy black widow.  It is October after all and Halloween is just around the corner.  Whoa...another close call.

We live in dangerous times.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Wow Karen....i am sorry. Hornet/wasps are an enemy for sure. They are mean and hurt. Ouch. Is this the spider? It looks like a tarantula. We are having a time with spiders. No wonder Halloween comes now for they are abundant this time of year.
Careful!

Packet of Seeds said...

Yes Judy, this is the very spider and that is Martha's shoe. Ugly hairy thing.