09 10

Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Cozy Felted Wool Sweater for a Laptop

This a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e. girl  is headed to Utah to attend her  first year of college.  I've known K since she was little girl (used to teach her in Primary when she was 7)... and her mother is a very good friend of mine. She is very smart, plays the organ/piano in church..and is the oldest in her family. 
Beautiful... is all I can say.

She has been working hard all summer earning $ so she could buy an Apple laptop. 

I decided to make a "cozy" to protect her 13 inch gem from the jostling and bumping in her backpack as she travels to and from school

IMG_5016

I started with an extra large mens sweater.  After felting (by washing it in the washing machine in hot soapy water and throwing it in the dryer on high setting), the XL shrank to a fourth the size.  I cut out the front and the back, using the ribbing on the bottom of the sweater as a flap for the top of the cozy.  I added velcro to keep the flap closed.

IMG_5017


I used the bottom of one sleeve as a pocket on the back for placing the power cord.
IMG_5018


IMG_5019

If you were a computer...wouldn't you  love to live inside of this soft little cozy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! (Gwen)